Below are instructions on how to update the firmware on your ZOIA. Attached are the firmware files and the changelog.
How to upgrade your ZOIA's firmware
0) Backup your patches using the instructions in the manual. To backup patches enter the config menu(shift + the gears icon) and select patches to SD card.
1) Download the firmware file from below. It should have the format eezoXXXX.bin where the XXXX is replaced by the version number. If there are two bin files below, the one with the higher version number is still beta. If you're going to use the beta firmware, make double sure to back up your patches! If you want to use old versions of the firmware, please go to here: https://support.empresseffects.com/support/solutions/articles/1000284797-old-firmware-versions-for-the-zoia
2) Copy the file to the root directory of a high-capacity microSD card that's been formatted FAT32. Pictured below is the microSD card that comes with the ZOIA, but you can use any microSD card that has HC written on it. Note that some operating system don't want to format things as FAT32 (I'm looking at you Mac OS Disk Utility). For these obstinate OSes, you can use the SD Associations SD Memory Card Formatter.
3) Insert the SD card then power on the pedal. Make sure the pins of the SD card are facing upward, or else ZOIA will prompt you to try again. NOTE: DO NOT USE an SD card extender ribbon when updating the ZOIA, your update will fail.
4) The screen will tell you when ZOIA sees firmware and what it's doing with it. When it sees an update, it will take 40 seconds to complete the update. IN SOME CASES THE SCREEN WON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING AND WILL BE BLANK FOR 40 SECONDS. SORRY I KNOW IT'S ANNOYING BUT IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN UPDATING THE FIRMWARE.
5) once the ZOIA has booted fully, remove Micro SD card, manually cycle the pedal's power, and you're good! If you leave the Micro SD card in, it will update the firmware every time you boot the pedal. So if you intend to use the SD card for importing/exporting patches, delete the firmware file from the SD card.